Saturday 4 February 2017

Golly I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted anything....where does the time go!!! & we're in February already!!! The weather here in Britain is just typical British weather....rain, rain & more rain.
Anyway I have been sitting doing my favourite past time, making bears. The first two I'm showing you are from a lovely hand dyed plush I bought from Russia. Well to be precise it came as a kit. Now it's been years since I bought a kit, it was something I did in my early days of bearmaking & they never ever turned out like the bear in the picture!!!
Anyway I have a liking for the Eastern European bears & alot of them appear to be made out of this plush. Nearly always hand dyed & sometimes vintage.
The bigger bear all 8" of him is the kit bear & the smaller 5" bear, Luca, I squeezed out of the leftover plush.
The last bear is Herbie, who started life as a two tone bear made from a couple of small pieces of viscose. He never did anything for me as two tone so I dunked him in a bowl of navy dye for a couple of hours & here's the result.  I knitted him a pair of shorts & a matching beanie hat to finish him off.
Alexei 8" plush

Luca 5" plush

Herbie 6" hand dyed viscose

No comments:

Post a Comment